About NU Connections
NU Connections helps Nebraska businesses and organizations leverage University of Nebraska (NU) system resources to move their businesses forward.
One of NU's key economic development initiatives—and a collaboration between the University of Nebraska’s four campuses (UNO, UNK, UNL, UNMC)—NU Connections links industry and business with the innovative researchers at the University of Nebraska. With top-notch people, tools and resources at their fingertips, Nebraska businesses can expand and grow.
Our goal: to stimulate business creation, assist in business recruitment, help create more high-skilled jobs, and contribute to economic growth and diversification in Nebraska.
NU Connections is a U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) University Center program.
What NU Connections Does@headingTag>
You're a business owner looking to access the University of Nebraska's many resources. How does NU Connections help?
- Access. We provide access to the University's extensive faculty and staff expertise, student talent, physical resources, and professional and business development programs.
- Single Point of Contact. We have an Industry Liaison Officer (ILO) at each of the four campuses to assist businesses as they identify and utilize University of Nebraska resources and navigate processes.
- Business Recovery. We connect you with expertise and programming focused on business resilience and recovery.
- Collaboration. We facilitate opportunities for research collaboration, technology & product development, talent/workforce collaboration, and other partnerships between Nebraska businesses and the university.
- One Entry Point. We have connections across the four NU campuses, which helps get Nebraska businesses to the right resources in the right locations.
- Unique Resources. We link businesses with regionally unique resources such as labs, clinics, field assets and specialized equipment.
NU Connections: Brochure@Model.HeadlineSize>
NU Connections Brochure@Model.HeadlineSize>
NU Connections Brochure @Model.HeadlineSize>
NU Connections: Partners@Model.HeadlineSize>
Our partners are located across the University of Nebraska, making it easy to find assistance for business startups, laboratory and facility use, research and technology development, market research and more.
UNL Industry Relations
UNeMED at UNMC
Nebraska Business Development Center
UNK Center for Entrepreneurship and Rural Development
NU Connections Stories & Events
No Upcoming Events
NU Connections Spotlight: Nebraska Business Innovation Act Programs Overview and Update for FY23
In June 2022, industry members gathered for a one-hour webinar The Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) administers several funding programs for Nebraska businesses that help pay for research and development collaborations with Nebraska colleges and universities, match federal SBIR/STTR awards, and help fund prototyping and commercialization of new products.
UNL Industry Relations and NU Connections hosted an event in June 2022 to discuss these programs and how to get connected with University of Nebraska resources.
NU Connections Team
UNL Industry Liaison
UNMC Industry Liaison
UNK Industry Liaison
UNO Industry Liaison
NBDC | UNO